Thursday, October 9, 2008

Guess what Eryn? A new post!!!

So, I know it has been awhile since I have updated our blog.  September was a busy month for us full of fun stuff and lots of not so fun stuff.  Both kids were recently sick and have been teething like crazy.  Ethan now has 6 teeth and Addie has 4.  They also took their first steps this week.  And guess what Addie did on Sunday night?  She said her first words!  Not word, but WORDS.  We were feeding them dinner and she said clear as day "all done."  We couldn't believe it!  I have been doing the baby signs with them and they had yet to really start signing back, but that night she signed "all done" and said it!  She hasn't said it much since then, but today after lunch, she said it again.  It is the cutest little voice.  

Dave has been busy as usual with the store and I have been trying to get everything ready for their birthday party this weekend.  That's right, they are turning one!  Yeah for no more formula!

So, here some pics from Septembers events.


Garett celebrated his first birthday in September.  We all got together at a park and had cake and opened gifts.  I can't believe how fast all the kids are growing up!





 












Dave and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on the 16th.  My parents took the kids and we went out to dinner on Saturday
night and then met up with our friends, Trey and Eryn, for brunch on Sunday at Skamania Lodge.  Here's to 50 more!





September was beautiful this year.  We didn't make it to the beach at all during the summer, so one of the nice Sundays in September we decided to go.  We went to Cannon Beach which is my favorite beach around here.  We just let the kids crawl around on the sand, play in the water, and enjoy it.




We had a lot of fun!



Then we ended the month, or started October, with Dave's event at the huge marathon expo.  He is always so busy getting ready and working this event.  But the nice thing is that the Portland Marathon is usually the close to Portland's running race season.  So maybe that will mean Dave gets to relax a little.  Probably not.

Now that October is here I am getting so excited for fall and all the holidays.  It is my favorite time of year and can't wait to see how the kids react to all of it!

2 comments:

ENDub said...

Yay! A new post! I am a diligent follower of the Sobolik Blog, so you can imagine my shock and excitement to see new stories and pictures. Not that I didn't love the Sun and Sombreros post, but when I check this thing every day for a new story, and Mexico was at the top again, my day just wasn't fulfilled. Three cheers for new posts!

Melinda said...

I second the cheers! Love to see what you guys are up to with those cute babies. Happy Birthday Ethan and Addie! Miss you guys...