Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This month's project

This month I decided to redo our master bathroom. It has some weird spaces in it that needed filling.

Here is a picture of the before's:

Dave's side of the counter

The middle space is one of the weird spaces. I hated that there was nothing on the walls in between mirrors (I also hated the mirrors that were installed when the house was built).

The bottom of the counters here really had me stumped. I didn't like that open space where you could see our laundry basket.

And even weirder was that they never put a door in between our bedroom and the bathroom. So, every time Dave gets up early to get ready for work, the light shines right in on me trying to sleep.

So, after thinking long and hard about this room, I came up with some really good ideas.

I started by switching out the mirrors. $30 each at Home Goods. I also picked up some really cute accessories for cheap (Home Goods and Goodwill). Shelves from Ikea for $20, and fabric at Joann's for another $20. A little touch up paint and one night of Dave and I installing everything and this is what we have now:


I LOVE the curtains below the counter. I can't believe that it took me this long to figure out to do this. I love fabric and I just used some hemming tape to hem it the right length.

Dave's side now

My side

The shelves. Like I said, I just got stuff at Goodwill, Home Goods, and then just shopped my house for things that would work in the space.

I recently saw one of these in the Potterybarn catalog for $79 bucks. That's crazy! I found this one at Home Goods for $30. I love how it looks in the bathroom. It's the perfect little country-type accessory!

And here is my doorway solution for now. It still needs to be hemmed, but you get the idea. At 5:00 am when Dave gets up, it helps a little bit.

There you have it. What do you think?

I'm posting it here too, so go check it out!


Creations by Kara

ASPTL

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Cute...Super cute!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Great job! I love the new mirrors and the all accessories. Super cute!

Connie said...

You did wonders with your makeover. I love the shelves you put up in the middle and the skirt over the opening. Awesome job.

ENDub said...

Love it Jules! I've been wanting to take down those huge boring mirrors that came with the house too. You've lit a little fire under my toosh to really do it!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looks great! Jackie

Teri said...

Oooh, pretty! I have bathroom-envy! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I just love what you did! All the little details are just perfect! Thanks so much for linking up. :)